Complaints Procedure

Investigating and responding to complaints about schools is the responsibility of the governing body of each school.

All Oldham schools have a School Complaints Procedure for addressing the concerns of parents/carers or other members of the community.


Making a Complaint

Discuss your concern with the class teacher or member of staff concerned. Most concerns can be addressed at this stage.

If you are still unhappy, contact the school to arrange an appointment to discuss your concerns with the Headteacher (Mr Whittle) or Deputy Headteacher (Mrs Whittle).

Please click on the link to access our latest Complaints Policy.

Complaints for the Local Authority

Contact the Senior Children's Complaints Officer about the following issues:

  • Delivery of the National Curriculum
  • The provision of religious education and collective worship (with the exception of church (aided) schools)
  • School admissions or exclusions
  • Special educational needs assessments
  • Child protection issues and allegations of child abuse


The Senior Children's Complaints Officer for complaints handled by the local authority.

Level 12
Civic Centre
West Street

Tel 0161 770 1129


Taking Unresolved Complaints Further

You can make a formal complaint in writing to:

Governor Support
Level 4
Civic Centre
West Street

Government Complaints Procedures - State Schools

Please click on the picture link to view the procedure for making a complaint about your school.

Government Complaints Procedures - Special Educational Needs (SEN)

Please click on the picture link to view the procedure for making a complaint about SEN support at your school