Approach to teaching Music at St Margaret's
Please click on the link below to access our progression in skills document:
Music is taught across all classes who use both the Active Music Scheme of Work and the Charanga scheme. Children in year two also have the opportunity to take part in whole class instrument tuition whilst at St Margaret's.
For the academic year 2019/20 Brook Class are learning the Ukulele with Mr Andrew Howsley from Oldham Music Centre.
The benefits of music lessons include:
- co-ordination and memory improvement
- develops creativity
- develops self-discipline and motivation
- social skills are helped by working in groups, where team-work and interpersonal skills are paramount.
- learning to collaborate, listening to each other and compromising for the greater good
- communicating clearly and taking responsibility
- the experience of performing teaches children to become self-reliant and individually responsible
- improvement of child’s confidence levels.
- music transcends barriers of nationality, ethnicity, creed, gender, class and age.
Thursdays - Mr Andrew Housley - Oldham Music Centre
Year 2 - 9.15am
Year 3 - 10.15am