Music is taught in class using the Active Music Scheme of Work. The benefits of music lessons include:
- co-ordination and memory improvement
- develops creativity
- develops self-discipline and motivation
- social skills are helped by working in groups, where team-work and interpersonal skills are paramount.
- learning to collaborate, listening to each other and compromising for the greater good
- communicating clearly and taking responsibility
- the experience of performing teaches children to become self-reliant and individually responsible
- improvement of child’s confidence levels.
- music transcends barriers of nationality, ethnicity, creed, gender, class and age.
Wider Opportunities in Music - Brass Tuition
Thursdays - Mr Webb - Oldham Music Centre - Durban
Durban Class participate in a weekly lesson, led by Mr Webb of The Oldham Music Centre, where we each learn to play a brass instrument. In the summer term we will have the opportunity to play with the Halle Orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.
Key Stage 2 Choir
Tuesdays - Mr Ashworth - Oldham Music Centre