Music Provision 2018-19
Music is taught in class using the Active Music Scheme of Work. The benefits of music lessons include:
- co-ordination and memory improvement
- develops creativity
- develops self-discipline and motivation
- social skills are helped by working in groups, where team-work and interpersonal skills are paramount.
- learning to collaborate, listening to each other and compromising for the greater good
- communicating clearly and taking responsibility
- the experience of performing teaches children to become self-reliant and individually responsible
- improvement of child’s confidence levels.
- music transcends barriers of nationality, ethnicity, creed, gender, class and age.
Thursdays - Mr Andrew Housley - Oldham Music Centre
Year 2 - 9.15am
Year 3 - 10.15am